Monday, December 21, 2009

Sock Monkey Update

Wow. My Rockford socks have arrived. I had forgotten how good it felt to actually buy something "MADE IN AMERICA".



IMAGINE MY SURPRISE when I read the label and realized these wonderful socks are manufactured in Osage, Iowa. (I had to look it up -- it's three hours away from me.)



AND -- as if I wasn't already happy enough -- they include COMPLETE SOCK MONKEY DIRECTIONS on the other side of the sock header! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? WHO DOES THAT?? Really? A free pattern??


I bought some large blue socks -- and some size small brown socks. Oh, yeah, this is going to be fun...


YOU ROCK, FOX RIVER MILLS!! I can hardly wait to start making my sock monkeys...


2 comments:

  1. You're gonna love working with Rockford Red Heel socks. They're the only ones I use for my sock monkeys. Drop by sometime.

    Jan
    Resident Grandma at Sock Monkey Ranch
    http://www.sockmonkeyranch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow the original Rockford Red Heel socks, I'd love a pair if only for a copy of the sock monkey directions.

    I have hundreds of sock monkey embroidery designs just waiting to add that monkey touch to babies and childrens clothing.

    ReplyDelete