Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Gift to the Girls

On our last night in New York City -- we sat around the hotel room and rehashed where we'd been and what we did. The shopping, the subway rides, the fabulous meals.


This was just the moment I pictured in my head....because I wanted to give the girls something from me to remember this wonderful trip -- and -- none of you will be surprised that I had PACKED SOME LINENS from my Iowa stash...

I had six vintage aprons -- each girl got to pick one. Allie and Lexi did "scissors, paper, rock" to see who went first. Emily got a special Christmas apron -- because there was an "E" on the pocket. This is a picture of Lexi and her Mom, Stacy...



Because there were seven of us on the trip, I also brought a set of embroidered "7 Days a Week" dishtowels from my Mom's hope chest....

This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. Each of us stuck one foot into the circle...
at that moment, each of us was holding ONE dishtowel from the set from Mom's hope chest. My sister Deborah got 'Sewing". I settled for "Washing"....(as long as I didn't get cleaning, I was happy)...


Maybe one day -- the seven of us will go BACK to New York City -- and we'll reunite Mom's set of dishtowels...Until then, I hope these wonderful young women use them often -- and remember that night in the Wellington Hotel. Thanks again, Deborah!!

I think Mom would be very pleased...

No comments:

Post a Comment