Friday, December 4, 2009

Historic Smithville Tour

As you know -- several weeks ago -- I was in Brown's Mills, New Jersey for the American Sewing Guild. Here I am, with my Hey Rita tote -- Rosemary, and her son Chris. THEY WERE WONDERFUL HOSTS...


Saturday afternoon, after our event, there was just enough daylight left for a little private tour of Historic Smithville.

If you've been reading this blog, you know this is what I ALWAYS LOVE TO DO. No matter what town I'm in, I love to visit the old mansions. And there ALWAYS are some. In this case, it was really a whole village. Much like Williamsburg, Va. Historic Smithville was a place where people lived and worked and raised families. Hezekial Smith was ahead of his times in many, many ways. I LOVED IT...Thanks again to Rosemary, Chuck and Chris for their great hospitality!!

No comments:

Post a Comment