Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vintage Pillowcases

You know I adore cotton sheets, line-dried bedding and embroidered pillow cases. Especially embroidered pillowcases. I buy them at auctions, flea markets, estate sales, thrift shops. John and I use five pillows so just keeping fresh pillowcases for my own house requires many sets! Embroidered pillowcases are the perfect gift -- birthdays, anniversaries, bridal showers. If I love you -- sooner or later -- you will receive embroidered pillowcases.

This morning, it was time for me to reach into my vintage linen stash and wash several sets of pillowcases. After an overnight in Oxyclean -- here are five fresh sets hanging on the line. So -- what's the happy occasion? Who's getting a line-dried set of beautiful embroidered pillowcases? Somebody who reads this blog? Keep checking back to see what the happy occasion was...

Isn't this embroidery beautiful? I don't know if I can part with this set...the cutwork is amazing...

But maybe this is my new favorite set...the cotton is exquisite...and the crochet reminds me of my Grandma...

One day very soon -- maybe I'll post a picture of the most recent pillowcase recipient!! Trust me -- it is a VERY HAPPY occasion...

No comments:

Post a Comment