Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Costumes 2009

I'd love to see your homemade Halloween costumes!! This pattern reminded me of the year my sister Ronda & I sent our kids as the characters from the movie, "The Wizard of Oz". Her daughter Amy was Dorothy, carrying their little dog (his real name was Jedi but he seemed okay with the TOTO thing).

Nicole went as the Lion. And Ross was the Tin Man. I spray-painted a box, and wrapped aluminum foil around his legs. If I recall, Ross had a large metal funnel on top of his head. THEY LOOKED AWESOME...




In later years, I got busy (or lazy). My favorite costume was a black trash bag with purple baloons pinned all over it. "Grapes". Get it? Oh, yeah. Neither boy would go for it...

My favorite 2009 Halloween costume idea is from my friend Bert Shinbori. Her son, Tim looks like his Japanese father. He is married to a beautiful girl, Sue. They have two adorable little girls...

So -- can you guess what their Halloween costume idea is? Here are your clues...



  • Both girls will be carrying three cabbage patch dolls strung together.

  • Sue will trim off one side of a wig...

THAT'S RIGHT. Jon & Kate Plus 8...



No comments:

Post a Comment