Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sweet Corn

You've met her before -- one of my VIP's -- my friend Sue -- who spent years remodeling her childhood farmhouse. One of these days, I will post pictures of ALL THE WORK THEY DID...

Her retired brother, Norm, lives next door and cannot quit farming. He has a truck garden -- and this is how he collects the money. Yes, it's an honor system...

They also have a big cooler with fresh produce -- here's Norm and his wife Melody
Every year, John & I treat ourselves to ONE FABULOUS MEAL OF SWEET CORN. I wait for Norm to start picking his "Triple Sweet" variety. It is absolutely the most delicious corn in the world...I look forward to it every summer...and I try to be there when a fresh batch is coming out of the field...


After precisely 7 minutes in boiling water...everybody at the table gets their very own PERSONAL STICK OF REAL BUTTER...

Yes, it is true. This is heaven....
***************

Hey -- for those of you who wrote to ASK FOR MY POPOVER RECIPE -- I'm posting it on the front page of this blog! Do you see it? It's on the right hand side of this page -- RIGHT AT THE TOP. Yes, I am so full of myself -- I've decided to be the LAST WORD in Popover recipes. lol. Hey -- It's waaaay more technique than recipe. And I wish I'd known about popovers 30 years ago. I'VE MISSED A LOT OF TIME.

SEND ME YOUR PICTURES if your popovers POP. I am having a lot of fun with these little treasures...

No comments:

Post a Comment