Monday, July 5, 2010

Mood Fabrics CHALLENGE??

When I was in New York City this spring -- I thought about Jan & Bonne -- my two SUPER BLOGGERS. They are putting together their "Inspired2Sew" show for NEXT year's Sewing & Stitchery Expo -- and I thought a New York City challenge would be fun.



Because the three of us are all big fans of Project Runway -- OF COURSE I HAD TO GO SHOPPING FOR THEM AT MOOD FABRICS...


Which is up on the 7th floor of a nondescript office building in the garment district...and....believe it or not -- THERE IS AN ELEVATOR OPERATOR in this building.


IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. Although, Mood is not a bargain hunters paradise...some of the prices were quite a bit out of my range....

What I loved, loved, loved, was their HUGE assortment of printed knits. Can you see the hundreds of rolls behind me...? Gorgeous. You just don't see knits of this quality in the chain stores, y'know??

I could not decide WHICH FABRIC TO BUY for Jan & Bonne....hey -- here's one I considered...



Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the FABRIC I DID BUY FOR THEM. ugh...Hopefully, they took some pictures before they started cutting away!!

They're going to start the challenge this week. They decided to keep the Mood t-shirts intact -- and WEAR them instead of cutting them up..!

So -- Jan and Bonne -- you've had time to consider what you'd like to make out of the Mood fabric challenge...

READY -- SET -- SEW!!! We're all looking forward to your updates...

I'll be posting their progress every Monday on this blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment