Monday, July 26, 2010

NYC Challenge Part TWO

Okay, bloggers -- for the SECOND leg of their New York City Sewing Challenge -- I sent both Jan and Bonne a Statue of Liberty shawl!! Hummm...I know this is going to be the really hard part...

Jan writes:

So here we go on our "Statue of Liberty" challenge - so what will we come up with this time?!! I don't see any zebra stripes yet........hmmmm, how would they fit in with this gorgeous lady anyway?!! Maybe a little checkerboard trim, lace? How're ya doin' bonne?!!


Bonne writes:

Hey There Rita!
Son in Law couldn't get home from CA for our daughter's corp. retreat so at the last minute I got to go. (note from Rita -- I love your life!)

So much for me having extra days and getting a leg up on Jan :-) I have the base of the jacket under control, and although I know what I want to do I have been hesitant about touching the beautiful Statue of Liberty scarf. So here is my plan - hope it works for you. I took the scarf with me and will take a picture of me with it by the Spruce Goose, how's that for a hint for Jan? LOL!!! Guess we are having dinner under the wings of the plane tonight.

So -- here are the two mysterious pictures Bonne sent. Whadaya think, Jan??




WOW!! This is turning into an amazing challenge...and sort of a geography lesson as well!! From New York to Iowa -- then to Oregon, Washington -- and now -- California??

I LOVE IT!!

P.S. -- today is the last time you can see Bonne & Jan's finished projects which I posted last week (using the gorgeous MOOD floral knit fabric). After today -- those pictures go BACK IN THE VAULT...and you'll have to wait until the 2011 Expo to see the NYC Challenge Projects again. Up Close & Personal...at the Friday Inspired 2 Sew Event!!

6 comments:

  1. Beckie in OnalaskaJuly 26, 2010 at 6:16 AM

    The Spruce Goose is in McMinnville, Oregon these days, in a fabulous big aviation museum that's an awesome sight even if planes aren't "your thing!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, Beckie -- I don't know why I thought it was in California! thanks for the info...I'd love to see it. McMinnville??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beckie in OnalaskaJuly 26, 2010 at 10:00 AM

    http://www.sprucegoose.org/

    McMinnville is maybe 50 miles SW of Portland. The Spruce Goose moved there from California in 1993. Sounds like a side trip in the works after Expo?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. count me in!! maybe we could schedule a sewing retreat under the Spruce Goose...!

    ReplyDelete