Sunday, July 4, 2010

Breakfast Club

As you know -- our Book Club has been temporarily renamed the Summer Breakfast Club. Getting ready for our June Porch Party was fun for me -- I have LOTS OF exciting plastic dishes, trays, glasses, etc..

And the day was a STUNNER. I can't remember a better week of weather...the porch is surrounded by big trees -- and there was a nice breeze that day...

The porch is one of the favorite rooms in my life...I've eaten a thousand meals on this porch with John and the boys -- I've had cousins parties...visits with friends....drank morning cups of coffee...I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT...Some of the happiest moments of my life -- with the people I love the most -- happened on this porch.

An IMPORTANT element of our Summer Breakfast Club is "show & tell". Last week, Linda P. brought her geneology book...on this day, Linda K. is showing us the progress she's making on her FIRST QUILT...keep up the good work, Lin!!

And Sandy is moving fast on the Thomas Train quilt she's making for her grandson Marcus...he is GONNA LOVE IT...


I love that we get together every week!!! We have SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT...

Next week, we may have to plan a breakfast AND a lunch menu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment