Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cash & Lillian

Recently I spent an entire day babysitting TWO toddlers -- Lillian (16 mo) and Cash (3). Fun, eh?

When he comes to Aunt Rita's house, Cash always eats on the same dinosaur plate...usually scrambled eggs he broke himself...


I'd love to post a few adorable pictures of my two favorite toddlers...but, of course, I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO TAKE ANY ADORABLE PICTURES...

Oh My God. There is a REASON YOU MUST BE YOUNG to have babies!! I had almost forgot how much work little kids are. These two were non-stop action all day long...

Lillian was DELIGHTED to have a person in the room who was close to her height...her face just lit up when she saw Cash!

However, it was a one-sided romance...

Lillian did whatever she could to win his heart. But Cash was not moved.

Judging from his questions, he viewed her as unwanted competition. He kept asking questions like, "is she going to take a nap in my room?" Then, in a very condescending tone, "she can't play Dominos, can she?"

My favorite question of the day was when we were out on the porch, Lilly sat on the little stuffed zebra....she was soo adorable...I smiled...

Cash frowned...then asked, "does she know that's my horse, Aunt Rita?"...

2 comments:

  1. Rita - I SO know that whole toddler schtick -- when my two sets of grandchildren are together at my house they do the same thing. Try hosting ages 2, 3, and 4 simultaneously, it's a riot! My thoughts as they leave are "I love you so, now please get out!" And then I can't wait until they come back. From the 'basement' in Milwaukee...

    ReplyDelete