Friday, July 9, 2010

Solon Iowa

Every year, on JULY 4th -- Bert and I day-trip to Solon, Iowa for the huge antique show in Hanson's Grove. Because there are vendors in two big locations -- they provide lovely tour buses to ferry you back and forth...

You NEVER know what you'll find at a show like this...

I can't remember the price on this beautiful wood cabinet -- but it might as well have been a million dollars...it was so out of my price range...

But I DO remember thinking the $225 price tag for the orange corner set was very reasonable...but what would I HAVE TO GET RID OF to make room for it??

One vendor had vintage screens that she painted scenes on -- this was a patriotic favorite and July 4th was the perfect day for it...

Many vendors set up elaborate tents, and the inside looks like a regular antique store, with color coded displays, etc.

We walked for MILES AND MILES on this beautiful summer day. The weather was stunning -- cloudy sometimes -- but always with a pleasant breeze...and the rain held off this year...

If you like a good antique show -- plan your next 4th of July around your trip to SOLON, IOWA. We'll see you there!!

I bought six aprons, two vintage View Masters and lunch. As per usual -- Bert spent more than I did!

2 comments:

  1. I still have my Mom's View Master! Our first glimpse of 3-D! Enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I get to shop for View Master reels!

    ReplyDelete