Thursday, July 8, 2010

Elliott's Birthday

Today is Elliott's birthday. My youngest child -- my baby -- is as much of an adult as anybody could possibly be....

29 years ago today, I was canning green beans when the labor pains started in the afternoon... John worked second shift -- so my Mom drove me to the hospital at 6:00 (I had to shave my legs).

Elliott was born at 11:30 P.M.

This is a rare picture of me and him -- taken on the day he finished Army Boot Camp. That was a very proud day...



Another very happy day for our family was when Lillian was born...At that moment -- in that full-circle-way-of-life -- Elliott went from being my child -- to being Lillian's parent...


You always hope your child gets the best from both parents...


Like every other mother in the world -- I worry about what kind of parent I was to him. What lessons did he learn? Will it impact what kind of parent he will be to Lillian? Will he help her paint cardboard castles? Fly kites? Read Tom Sawyer? Launch rockets?

He'll do it his own way....he always has. And, hey -- so far so good...



Happy Birthday, Elliott! You are doing a great job...

No comments:

Post a Comment