Monday, August 2, 2021

My New Normal...

This weekend, John got frustrated because Cal won't let him operate his big John Deere tractor. (the last time Cal tried to help him drive it -- John almost killed him with the bucket.)....

To make a long (boring) story short -- John pouted for two days. Then, he told me he was going to leave me and move in with his sister. (who's name he could not remember).

I told him I thought that was a great plan. So, Maureen -- if you're reading this blog -- consider this your head's up!!

John and Maureen in her back yard in 2015.

Last year, I sent one of Mary Mulari's great CRISS CROSS aprons to Maureen (also one to his cousin Judi, who lives in Pottsville). After I posted the picture on facebook of the 65 aprons I'll be selling at the Art of Homemaking auction -- Maureen said she'd like two more criss cross aprons...and she'd pay me.

With all the turmoil in my life these last few months -- sewing has become even more important for me. 

I sew almost every day.  I decided to make a new Frankensew dress for myself each week...and I've done several different versions of Mary's Criss Cross apron.

THIS is a picture Maureen posted on my Facebook page...(I couldn't remember what fabric I used.)..MY FAV...from IKEA...it is really a wonderful, simple, easy, terrific apron.


So, OF COURSE I will make more aprons for Maureen....and, depending on how badly she wants them, I think we just might be able to work something out... Hummmm.....

 I mean...if John goes to live with her -- how many aprons would I have to make for her each week?

Whadaya think?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh...is there something Cal could do to disable the big tractor, so John wouldn't be able to start it? Remove spark plugs, or something? Or at least put a lock on it somehow (like those bars that go across steering wheels to keep thieves from stealing your car....). Or simply move it somewhere that John couldn't see it? When Grandpa's car keys were taken away, he got so agitated as long as that car sat in the driveway, but once the family removed the car completely, he settled down--it was like he had forgotten it was ever there. (Yes, dementia runs rampant in our family.) Just a thought.

    Hm, that could be a pretty good exchange, if Maureen is amenable! LOL Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soo right, Charlotte. Tomorrow, the tractor is moving up to Calvin's house.

      Delete