Thursday, August 19, 2021

Buying a BRA

So, it's time to buy some new bras. Actually, I am long overdue. The last time I bought a bra, Bill Clinton was President.

I tried to buy them online...but that was a bust (yes, intended pun)...

Mostly because I had NO IDEA what size I should order. The bras I am wearing are so old, the tags re faded and unreadable. However, because my bras have lasted for SUCH A LONG TIME -- I wanted to buy the same brand.

Cacique from Lane Bryant.

Bras -- like purses -- are a VERY personal matter. Every woman has her own issues, and therefore, criteria.

Here are my important elements:

1. Must be cotton.

2. NO underwires

3. Side cannot be too wide

4.  Adjustable elastic straps

5. No extra padding

 So -- okay -- I'm off to the local Lane Bryant store.

After altering my $3 pair of pants, I was stunned to see a similar pair of cotton/spandex jeans was $69.00. YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME...

The first order of business is to get myself properly measured for a bra. We all know the drill...but, to review: (from the Land Bryant website)

  1. Measure your band. Wear a lightly lined (non-push-up) bra so your breasts are as close to natural as possible. Wrap a measuring tape directly under your breasts. Make sure it’s directly parallel with the bottom of the bra band.
  2. Now measure your bust. Place the tape at the fullest part of your bust. Make sure it’s parallel to your band again.
  3. Subtract the band size from your bust size to find the right cup size. Every inch equals one cup size up. Check our chart below.
Using this tried-and-true method,  my perfect bra size would be 40D.  But, when I tried on that size, it was ALL WRONG. 
Right now, it's buy one, get one 50% off. so I bought FOUR bras  ($98) -- size 42C. Which I believe will be perfect...

 

One of the silver linings of Covid was that for days, weeks and months on end -- I was living a life where NO BRA WAS REQUIRED. 

So, for me -- buying four new bras is my way of getting my life back!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, about bras being such a personal choice, Rita! I really need some new ones, too, but so many places carry only the kind with those foam cups that I would never, in a millions years, wear.....

    So I'm actually thinking about Making bras. Because...I have nothing else to do!! 😂🤣😂 Well, maybe some day...

    ReplyDelete