Saturday, August 28, 2021

It's All About The Pockets

The truth is, I believe I actually would be able to make one of Mary's Criss Cross aprons in less than ten minutes...if it weren't for the POCKETS.

I AM LOVING THE POCKETS...I think every apron needs two pockets.  But trying to sew and then place two identical pockets would take my ten minute apron into the two or three hour realm.

There's no magic to making pockets -- especially if you are deliberate about NOT having them match.

I like to line the pockets...then, I sew around three sides -- leaving one edge completely open to turn the pocket.  Of course, then THAT edge is how I sew it into place.  

2 comments:

  1. What fun pockets!! I'm one of those who has to have her pockets completely match, both in size and in placement. I have been known to fold the garment in half to make sure they are EXACTLY right!!

    I think maybe (at least in some things) I need to try your way, Rita! It would sure save a lot of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete