Monday, August 23, 2021

My Clock Collection

 Another collection that will be sold at the auction will be my clock collection.  Hey -- I don't pretend to know anything about clocks -- except that I loved hunting for them. FOR YEARS...

I always loved finding a Big Ben



And I had a few early "digital" electric clocks

They've been sitting on a high shelf for YEARS...so I made a half-ass attempt to clean the years of dust and grime.

I built the shelf out of barnboards...35 years ago.

These clocks brought me a lot of joy.


I don't know how many of them work. About 25 years ago, my niece decided to set them all...(she was maybe 12 at the time) -- and she set the alarms on all of them to go off at 6:00. AND MANY OF THEM WENT OFF...but some of thm didn't. And I have no idea which is which. Also, I had a pretty extensive collection of little travel clocks. I thought they were so charming...they were a fun thing to hunt for. I didn't get any pictures -- but I think there will be at least a dozen of them on the auction

1 comment:

  1. Well, that was a fun thing for you to collect, and you enjoyed them, which is the important thing. I think others will be interested in them, too.

    The only really interesting older clock we have is a Golden Hours clock; it had a glass face, which goes around inside a golden "frame". Every now and then we will spot one in an old TV show or movie. Ours needs some work as it no longer keeps time, but it was quite a conversation piece while it worked and we had it out!

    ReplyDelete