Monday, August 30, 2021

Denim Criss Cross

You may think I am obsessed with Mary's Criss Cross apron pattern. And you wouldn't be wrong.

SEWING is how I relax....it's how I create....And these aprons scratch my itch on many levels. For one thing -- they give me a good excuse to walk through a thrift shop -- looking for recycle candidates. I've purchased linen chair covers, a drapery...and -- then-- THIS HAPPENED...

John needed some new jeans -- and I found a GREAT PAIR...in excellent condition...for $3....

But they were too tight.

Instead of taking them back to the Goodwill store -- I decided to cut them up and make a Criss Cross Apron.   NO SURPRISE, EH??

First, I cut away the waistband and zipper  (too thick to sew through)


Then, I made a new seam to join the two fronts together
I cut the jeans off where I wanted -- opened up the back center seam...which made those back pockets wrap around to the side...
I opened the seam on the bottom of the leg...then, used it to create the bib of the apron
I left all the edges raw -- and after putting it through one cycle of the washing machine -- I had to trim A LOT OF THREAD...

Yes, I know. My obsession with this pattern has passed all reasonableness....AND she has an updated version of it now -- complete with a facemask pattern! Check it out here...

 Mary Mulari's Viola Apron Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment