Saturday, August 7, 2021

My Latest Pedicure...

So, John's first pedicure did not go well.

My nail shop -- KT Nails (on 53rd Street and Jersey Ridge Road) -- does a WONDERFUL pedicure. Of course, you start off by getting in one of their big massage chairs. And I ramp that thing up -- I QUITE enjoy the massage element of the experience. 

Unfortunately, John did not see the benefit...

Actually -- he didn't appreciate just about any part of his pedicure.

After they soak your feet for a nice long time, they do the cut-down (which he REALLY did need) -- then they go to work on your cuticles...working around each nail...applying oil, then scraping with some kind of bamboo stick (I'm just guessing). Then, they apply an exfoliant scrub to your feet and legs -- all the way up to your knees.

I think it's at this point when they bring on the hot towels to wrap around your legs and feet. (can you say HEAVEN?)...

THEN -- they use a scrubbing tool to take the calloused skin off the bottom of your feet (now -- THAT TICKLES)....

After all that -- they finally get to the lotion portion of the pedicure. They massage your legs, and your feet, and every toe...they do some kind of magic reflexology to the bottom of your feet...

You have been sitting in the relaxing massage chair for at least an hour before they get to the polish part of the pedicure.

During most of his 90 minute pedicure, John was silent. Well, except for the occasional squealing during the cuticle-trimming-event. Also, he nearly came out of the chair when she started to do the reflexology on the bottom of his feet. Wow. He REALLY hated it.

He looked at me like I'd delivered him to a torture chamber....and he really, really wanted to get out of that chair.

So -- for the first time EVER -- I picked one single color of polish.

I know...B.O.R.I.N.G....

 

1 comment:

  1. I've never had a pedicure (and I absolutely HATE wearing polish on any of my nails--immediately start to pick it off because my nails are suffocating, ya know!), but yours sounds heavenly.

    John was pretty good to put up with as much as he did; I can't imagine Ron doing that! And his nails got clipped, so that's a win there. Maybe another time he will accept a little more...or not. Only time will tell!

    Enjoy your pink toes! I love that color, even though you think it's boring!!

    ReplyDelete