Thursday, August 26, 2021

The Three B's: Bert, BLT's and Breakfast

Given the current constraints of my life, a major element in my happiness is having people come to the house. I'm always aware that these are my last parties in this house...so I try to have somebody coming to enjoy the porch every week. TMBC has been here this summer, the MDF several times...my sisters...Cal and Jeanne....I seldom miss a week.

Last week, my special guest was Bert.  For years, I spent every Saturday with my friend Bert.

Mostly, we went to auctions and I WAS ACCUMULATING MY LINEN COLLECTION.

Bert always bought more than I did...but we had different areas of interests, so we were the perfect pair.

Since Bert was to be my "porch party" this week, I decided to make her favorite thing...BLT's.
It was a bonus that I got to use one of my toastholders.  For the last 20 years, she was helping me to FIND the darn things!!
This is what happens when you don't use a waterproof marker for your outdoor artwork...
The porch couch Lilly and I painted has held up well...
The monkey table will go with me to the new house.
I made some delicious, crispy hashbrowns to go with our BLT's.
I made a pound of bacon in the oven...
And the tomatoes are DELICIOUS this year.

Bert and I had a great visit -- and I would urge you to DO THE SAME!! Sometimes, it's hard to catch up with old friends -- but what could possibly bring you more joy??

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yum! What can be better than BLTs made with home-grown tomatoes?! Unless it's sharing them with a dear friend!! What a great day for your both!

    ReplyDelete