Wednesday, August 25, 2021

My Day With Anne!!

John's current schedule is that he goes out for breakfast with his friend Don twice a week. Afterwards, they go to Don's house and sing Karaoke for a couple of hours. JOHN LOVES singing -- and I think it's been very good for him. Don sings at area nursing homes and has 125,000 songs on his laptop. John's favorite song is Unchained Melody, and he thinks if he gets good enough, Don will take him on tour.

In the interest of "take care of the caregiver" -- I try to plan something special for those days.

Last week's event was LUNCH IN IOWA CITY with my young friend Anne.

She had a lovely upscale restaurant in mind -- but then, I drove by a little hole-in-the-wall joint called El Paso. I saw a big crew of road workers going inside...

Honestly....I would never go into this joint if I was alone. But -- hey -- I'VE GOT ANNE with me...so we can be brave...

Inside, about 2/3 of the business was a Mexican grocery store.


We nabbed one of the four tables.  (the workers sat in a separate area -- inside the grocery store).

My Chimichanga was big enough for TWO meals.

Anne's beef tacos had double tortillas, and chopped steak instead of hamburger...

OF COURSE, any time Anne and I get together -- there will be a thrift store adventure.  We were short on time -- but we did manage to visit a few of our favorite haunts.

These pants were only $9.99!!
Genuine faux leather -- WITH aluminum foil accents!!

 Shockingly --  neither one of us bought the pants.

Thanks again, Anne -- for being the best young friend an old lady could possibly have!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day you had with your friend, Anne! I'm so glad you are "taking care of the caregiver", Rita; that is so very very important!! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete