Thursday, August 12, 2021

MORE DOWNSIZING...ugh...

And, the downsizing saga goes on...and on....and on....

Sunday afternoon, we took Lilly and Warren to the movies. Afterwards, we came home and I asked Lilly to help me DOWNSIZE my jewelry collection.

Of course, if there was anything she wanted -- I would be thrilled. And there are, of course, many pieces I will keep and treasure forever.

But, there are many, many more pieces that need to GO...and this auction is a good opportunity to send them off to their new homes....where they might be worn and appreciated.

Lilly was delighted to clean out my jewelry drawers. And even I was surprised at HOW MUCH STUFF I HAD...wow...


We decided to tape them to cardboard, and write descriptions...
This is a long necklace, made out of tiny safety pins and seed beads...
This is a vintage cigarette holder -- with an engraved map of Europe on the front. (honestly -- I still miss smoking...but I never used this as a cigarette holder.  It was a great business card holder, though -- and got a lot of comments!)
Plastic earrings...SO GREAT, eh??
I will keep THIS necklace...it's a zebra with moving legs!! 
(signed on the back:  Dorian Designs 1986)

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, your Lilly is almost grown up!! (So is mine--she just turned 14. )

    I really need to weed thru my jewelry again--haven't done that in years.

    I'm so glad you kept the zebra! Well, of course....you HAD to keep the zebra!! 😄

    ReplyDelete