Tuesday, August 17, 2021

The Princeton, Illinois Restaurants

 Of course, a very important element of any road trip is the FOOD.  And Princeton, Illinois did not disappoint!!

This is the inside of "The Flour House" which looked like a charming bakery/coffee shop...but, alas, they only had outside seating...and there was no shade on their side of the street.

Even though their fabulous old doors with 100 years of paint, were completely beckoning to us..

We opted to cross the street to Myrtle's Pies!!

So many wonderful choices...

At our cozy window table, we SPLIT a delicious cinnamon roll with cream cheese icing...

There is usually a gift swap, AND a sew-and-share. Rhonda gave me a new kitchen towel that says, "Pack Lighter, Go Further"  (you already saw the futility of that from my thrift store finds, eh?)

For lunch, we picked "Spoons" restaurant.  Look at those original tin ceilings!! I LOVE the story of this place --which you can read HERE.

When we first arrived, there was not an available table -- always a good sign!!

You know the food is going to be good when there is not a seat in the house at Noon on a weekday...

Watermelon Bruschetta?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? What a scrumptious appetizer.  I've already tried to make it on my own...and I don't quite have the balsamic reduction right...but I'm working on it.  It's that thing you get hungry for...and will drive for an hour to eat it again...

This is Thai Coconut soup with corn and mushrooms.  Yes...you heard me...in Princeton, Illinois..

OF COURSE we had to order the lemon cake.

I took a picture of Rhonda, taking a picture.  What did we do before Smartphones??

I even loved the picture hanging in the bathroom stall.  Please do not flush: ...Junk Mail, Dreams, Photos of Your Ex...


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day you both had, and fabulous food! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete