Monday, June 29, 2015

Pat's Cooking School

More about Pat's visit. First of all -- Pat is a wonderful cook. She is WAY MORE than a cook -- she is an actual "Foodie". I like to tell people that she attended Julia Child's birthday parties -- she even went to a cooking school in France at Julia's HOUSE.

She taught cooking classes, and enjoys cooking for a crowd. So -- we might as well take advantage of her skills, right?? On her second day -- I asked her to show us how to make gnocchi. She made two versions -- Ricotta and mashed potato...
Lillian takes her cooking classes very seriously...
Sadly, we were so busy EATING the food, I forgot to take any pictures of it...

Several days later, I invited my cousin Linda and her family to come for a pasta-making-class.
Pat started the day by cooking and grinding some colorful veggies. Carrots, spinach, beets..for the colored pasta.(this is when I realized my brand-new-out-of-the-box little food chopper was a piece of shit.  Don't buy Rival.)
Karl and his son Dan were enthusiastic students. Pat started them off, making the pasta by hand...
They caught on really fast...
And soon, they were ready for the fun part. THE PASTA MACHINE...
Good job, boys!!
Really -- men sooo love any kind of tools and gadgets!!
They moved on to the ravioli lesson...

THANKS, Pat, for the lessons!! I still have the pasta maker out on the counter -- hoping one day Lilly and I will have time to make some homemade spaghetti!! You are an inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment