Saturday, June 27, 2015

Candlelight Girls Night

I had such a great day with Sandy's crew -- and if you ever get to Clinton, Iowa -- I would highly recommend the Candlelight Restaurant. It's one of the few restaurants sitting right on the Mississippi River. They have a huge deck, with lots of tables...
It's an easy walk from the Showboat to the restaurant.
Carol, Sandy and Sue (it was Sue's birthday)
Kay's broiled catfish looked great.
I ordered the specialty -- Chicken George -- WHICH WAS WONDERFUL.  Two sides, only $12.  Really.  What's not to love?  
So -- we're sitting out on this beautiful deck, laughing and drinking, and enjoying our wonderful food. Then, an odd thing happened. A woman came over to our table and said, "I'm sorry -- I hate to interrupt...but would you mind telling me where you bought your bag?"

I said, "No problem.  The Goodwill Store.  It was $2.38."

The woman acted amazed...and I tried to explain how I added the black designs. I just used a black permanent marker.  She still didn't seem to get it...so I spelled it out...go to any  W-A-L-M-A-R-T and buy a S-H-A-R-P-I-E....
The funniest thing about that woman admiring my bag? She said her husband wondered, "who is Rita Farro?"
So -- see -- it's that simple. If you just brazenly write your name on your purse, or the pocket on the back of your ass -- people will think you are somebody famous like Michael Kors...

No comments:

Post a Comment