Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Dress Update

When you are painting leather, there can be a lot of wait time. The yellow, for example, required four coats to cover -- and it had to dry between coats. The thing is -- your paint is all ready to go -- and your brushes are full of paint...so you find yourself looking around, trying to find something else to paint...

That's when I noticed my sandals...They were SAS-- very comfortable -- but the problem is because they are so beige I hardly ever wear them....(they were $3 at a thrift store).  I SHOULD PAINT THEM...GREAT IDEA, EH??
And what the hell?? The brush is full of teal paint already...
This took about three minutes...
They got a second coat -- and some black marker detailing...
At breakfast the next day --OF COURSE I had to show my purse...
In this very attractive, headless photo, you can see that my purse AND my sandals matched the Pucci dress I made...which I love so much, I wore it way too often...
Apparently, I have been unconsciously picking the same colors for the last 30 years...pink and orange, blue and green...

Here is an update on my favorite summer dress from LAST year...While getting ready for Beaver Dam, I was preparing a section of the seminar about recycled t-shirts, and I figured it was time to put some pithy saying on this dress.  HEY -- isn't that the perfect shade of lime green??
In the BabyLock booth, with my friend Wendy...my dress says, "What if the Hokey Pokey Really is What It's All About?"
Yes, I know. I crack myself up...

No comments:

Post a Comment