Monday, June 15, 2015

Good Advice (thanks, Sandy)

Ever since I was a child, I've always had a fear of someone under my bed at night.  So I went to a shrink and told him: 

"I've got problems. Every time I go to bed I think there's somebody under it. I'm scared.  I think I'm going crazy."

"Just put yourself in my hands for one year, said the shrink. Come talk to me three times a week and we should be able to get rid of those fears." 

"How much do you charge?"

"Eighty dollars per visit," replied the doctor.

"I'll sleep on it," I said.
                               
Six months later the doctor met me on the street. "Why didn't you come to see me about those fears you were having?"
                               
"Well, Eighty bucks a visit, three times a week for a year, is $12,480.00. A bartender cured me for $10.00. I was so happy to have saved all that money that I went and bought me a new pickup truck."

"Is that so?"  With a bit of an attitude he said, "And how, may I ask, did a bartender cure you?"

"He told me to cut the legs off the bed. Ain't nobody under there now."

Forget the shrink, have a drink, talk to a bartender and remember it's always better to get a second opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment