Thursday, June 18, 2015

Another Shower Curtain Reno

I cannot imagine what my life would be like if I did not sew.

Hey -- not every project works out.  And  many of the things I sew are WAY TOO BORING to blog about.  I shorten pants, make nightgowns out of t-shirts, put new edges on worn out blue jeans, make a pocket repair (I do a lot of jeans mending), restyle a long dress, add side gussetts to accommodate my fat body...sheet extenders...well, you get the idea.

When we built our house, John put the shower head a little higher up on the wall.  Consequently, I have always had to add six inches to the shower curtain.  Otherwise, it just whips out of the tub and water gets all over the floor.

I found this pretty floral shower curtain at a thrift store (duh).

I always use a liner.
At the bottom, I added a print from a Hawaiian shirt (I used the bottom of the shirt, so I didn't have to hem the fabric)
Of course, there was some signature t-shirt fringe.
I love the blue and yellow together...
And -- oh, yeah -- there's ANOTHER shower curtain on the back wall.  But that's a post for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment