Monday, June 1, 2015

I have a visitor!!

During my Sew Expo years, Joanne Ross introduced me to her friend Pat Leslie.  They became friends when they were young college grads working in WSU Extension. Pat was the foodie, and Joanne was always the textile girl.

After Pat retired, she decided to travel. Pat was at Julia Child's 80th and 90th birthday parties and recently attended a big event in NYC for Jacques Pepin. She's been to so many interesting places.  Paris, Greece, the European River Cruise last year -- now, 2015 -- PRINCETON, IOWA!! 

When my sisters came to Sew Expo in 2012 -- Pat hosted us in Olympia for a wonderful day of adventures...
What is the name of this place?  It's HUGE...a gigantic warehouse with every kind of bead or bauble or finding ever invented.  I am STILL using those tortoise shell buttons...
We visited some of Pat's friends who live on the water. (a big thrill for us Iowa girls)
We had so much fun...
There were sew-and-tells...her friend Dana wore this great t-shirt scarf...
When you're with Pat -- there will ALWAYS be delicious food...
At a waterfront restaurant...(I am eating tuna.  Another thrill for an Iowa girl)
Pat is a docent at the State Capitol...
I am telling you -- she took us ALL OVER her beautiful city AND the surrounding area.  This woman was born to be a tour guide...

So I am delighted to be able to return the favor! Lillian and I prepared the guest room the other day -- and I have a few spectacular activities planned (corn growing)...

This is me, eating something delicious Pat cooked...
During Pat's visit, I could ramp up a few "cooking schools". That would be fun.  But maybe you're not supposed to put your guest to work....

1 comment: