Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Original REAL Housewife

The Clinton, Iowa Women in Business did a GREAT spring event -- with a very special speaker....here's a picture of me with my niece Amy and her friend Rachael...we're waiting for the VIP...the Very Important Person who will be the guest speaker...

Yes -- that's right -- it's VICKI GUNVALSON -- the ORIGINAL Real Housewife of Orange County. In the picture below -- Amy is on the left and Rachael on the right. Of course, Vicki was envious of my fabulous HEY RITA totebag...

Vicki was autographing my copy of her new book -- and I was explaining why we had to have the totebag in the picture...

This is my best picture of Amy and Rachael. These two young women have been friends since they were five years old. AND when they had a chance to ask Vicki questions, they wanted to know where to go in Florida for an airboat ride (they're planning a Florida"girlfriend" vacation in May). In a recent episode, Vicki arranged many weekend activities for her "housewives girlfriends"in Florida...except, of course, Scummy Slade crashed the party...


WHAT A GREAT EVENING WE HAD!! Thanks to the Clinton Chamber of Commerce for bringing Vicki to town. They did a first class job -- complete with a chocolate fountain. Vicki was nervous about speaking to a large women's group -- but she did a GREAT job. I'll write more about Vicki -- after I actually get to read her book... (More Than A Housewife)

No comments:

Post a Comment