Thursday, April 1, 2010

Project Runway Fabric Challenge

I haven't been blogging about Project Runway this season because, well, mostly, I'm just "not that into it". After all these weeks, I still don't know their names. Is it Mila and Maya? Even though I have watched every show, I would be hard pressed to describe even one winning outfit...

Also -- tell me again -- WHEN will they show at "Fashion Week"? That happened in February, right?

And, maybe it's just me, but I am totally confused by Heidi's ongoing pregnacy. Or is Heidi pregnant AGAIN? How could she have been pregnant for the disappointing we've-moved-to-Lifetime-and-California season...AND pregnant again for the "okay-we-were-wrong-and-we're-back-in-New York city-season...??

The only reason I'm blogging right now is because I LOVED THE DESIGN YOUR OWN FABRIC challenge.

Who knew you could do that??

I would have liked to see more of the process...I couldn't understand how they made it happen. Obviously, there's a special "program" on the computer -- right? But then it goes someplace and the fabric is printed...could they pick silk or cotton? I thought they could have done a way better job explaining how-it's-done.



However -- as much as I loved the "design your own fabric challenge"-- I thought their finished fabrics were B-O-R-I-N-G. There wasn't a single fabric that I would have paid $3/yd. for out of the bargain bin. The judges loved Emilio's graffeti letters -- Michael Kors acted like it was some kind of iconic breakthrough -- and I'm thinking -- are you kidding me?? -- every college and/or university in the country has done that. FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS...!!

If I had to pick right now -- it would be Seth Allen. But, the fact that I'm not completely sure that's his name tells you I'm really not the right person to ask....

And, NO -- to answer your question -- this is NOT my idea of an April Fool's joke. Really...I'm just not that into PR this season...but I'm the kind of girl who sticks with a thing....so, I WILL KEEP WATCHING...

1 comment:

  1. First off, they filmed last season and this season back to back last fall, due to the issues moving from Bravo to Lifetime. That's why Heidi's pregnant. The top three designers than get a few months to complete their Bryant Park garments. Though, we see that time pass in just two weeks. The finale has already been filmed - this past February. It's not "real" time like American Idol. How they get everyone to keep everything a secret is beyond me. Seth Aaron is from Vancouver, WA, so, of course, I'm rooting for him. Though, I really like his stuff anyways, so he would still be my favorite. It has been a really mild season this year. But, that should change tonight, if the trailers can be believed. After all, it is April Fools Day.
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete