Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Baby Shoe Obsession

This is my third attempt at making a little pair of useful baby shoes with Ultrasuede soles -- and as you can see -- Lillian is crawling away so fast, the little shoes are just a blur...



Here's a close-up of the shoes. You can see I deliberately made each top different, but the backs (zebra) and sole (turq ultrasuede) are the same.


Here's another angle...getting the elastic the right length is the big challenge...this pair is pretty cute, but the fit is not quite right...

So, I'm making ANOTHER pair -- and, to be clear, here are the three pattern pieces required for a pair of shoes. The sole is going to be turq ultrasuede, the top is tie-die t-shirt print, and the shoe back is zebra stripes....

Okay...I have figured out something MAJOR...

If I basically make the shoe inside out -- the elastic would be a lot easier to adjust and to tack down...

Hummm...I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment