Friday, April 9, 2010

Broadway, New York and Memphis!!

It is no secret that I LOVE NEW YORK CITY. One of the highlights of 2009 was when my sister Deborah asked me to be the "tour guide" for her all-girls-trip-to-New-York-City. Deborah, her daughters Glennda, Emily & Stacy, and granddaughters Ally and Lexi...I wanted to post some pictures of New York City that they haven't yet seen...Remember Times Square, girls?



Here's the new Red Plexiglass bleachers -- at the TKTS BOOTH. This was on Friday -- after two days in the city -- the young people were so comfortable and at ease, Deborah and I decided to go to a musical on our own....and we scored 1/2 price tickets to Memphis...


Here I am, after the show -- sitting in my favorite spot in the city -- Ellen's Stardust Diner!! We had the ABSOLUTE BEST TIME at Memphis. Recently, I went to the New York Times "customer review" section and there were 115 FABULOUS reviews of this terrific musical. It was, without a doubt, the very best Broadway musical I have ever seen...uplifting, toe-tapping, great story, wonderful music, fabulous dancing.



THANKS AGAIN, DEB!! I loved being a part of your "all-girls-NYC" trip. It was just what you wanted it to be -- the trip we will all remember for the rest of our lives.

Memphis just announced a national tour. If it comes to your area -- RUN, DON'T WALK --

AND -- hey -- as it turns out -- I'll be in New York City again this month....anybody want to meet me? We'll go see Memphis.

YIPPEE...!~!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we saw Memphis first here in the Seattle area. Seattle's 5th Avenue Theater was one of the theaters behind the production of Memphis. It is a great show!
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete