Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Flowers

No kidding. SPRING IS BEAUTIFUL. I love it, love it, love it. After the long, cold, dark winter -- the sky is bright blue and there is a fresh breeze blowing. Our first flowers are crocouses, then my favorites -- the DAFFODILLS.


The trees are loaded with blossoms...the magnolia trees, cherry trees, this is our pear tree (I think)..

John has a bleeding heart bush that grows so fast it's stunning. If I knew how to set up time-lapse photography --

THIS SEASON IS THE REASON I LIVE IN IOWA.

Ah, yes -- life is good.

And, during this busy, industrious, joyful season -- I wonder if maybe SPRING feels so GOOD because of the long, cold winter. Life is like that, y'know...I mean -- no matter who you are or what you do -- there's always good and bad. And maybe we only really appreciate the GOOD stuff after we've endured some of the BAD stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment