Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fabric on the wall?

Our little room is totally cleared out. It's taken me weeks -- but at this point, I am happy to report that I went through every file, folder and bag (there were thousands)...I've recycled a ton of paper and magazines. Using ten banker boxes -- I sorted through and organized four decades of paper -- correspondence, photographs, books, patterns, etc.

The old furniture is gone -- John burned a huge antique oak desk, a large magazine rack and a typing table. Val inherited a kitchen counter-height table -- which only leaves one bookcase in the room.

So, FINALLY -- the room is a blank slate. Everybody expects me to do some kind of wild paint treatment on the now-white walls...well, sure....

But then, I thought it would be fun to put fabric on at least one wall. Many years ago, I used fabric starch to put some yellow burlap on a bathroom wall.

The starch treatment doesn't damage the wall, there are no holes or staples -- and down the road, you simply wet it down and remove the fabric...which is LIKE NEW...hummm...

I asked Joanne & Pat if they remembered how to use starch to put fabric up on a wall...and Joanne replied, "the internet will remember"...

Well, I haven't quite figured out the actual FABRIC -- much less the TECHNIQUE...but I am keeping my eye on the prize...

The next time Elliott & Emily come for a visit -- Lillian will be sleeping in her new room...

THIS is what I'm working towards...MAYBE EVEN AN OVERNIGHT VISIT??

No comments:

Post a Comment