Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My 2010 Expo Gift to Myself

Every now and then -- a woman EARNS a reward.

Of course, if you're trying to lose weight (a very difficult battle I am familiar with) -- you should buy yourself something special every time you manage to lose 10 pounds....(or two pounds)...

Or, maybe, after you've completed a BIG JOB...lol...Like for example, THE SEWING AND STITCHERY EXPO....you might be in the mood for buy a little gift to yourself...

The day after Expo, I was messing around in Tacoma with Mary Mulari -- and I suddenly noticed a parking space on a very busy street. RIGHT IN FRONT OF AN ART GALLERY. Wow. What are the chances?? It was late in the afternoon -- we ran into the store and found several one-of-a-kind treasures...

THIS IS MY REWARD...I will always think of it as my 2010 Expo gift to myself....

AND you'll be delighted to know I already have plans to make an ENTIRE OUTFIT to compliment my fabulous new watch. It is made out of anondized aluminum...and the actual WATCH part sits on the side of my wrist. WHAT A GREAT IDEA. EVERY WATCH SHOULD BE LIKE THIS...I love it, love it, love it...







So far, every single day I've worn it -- somebody STOPS ME and says, "what an unusual watch!"...or, "where did you get that watch?"...

Yep. I LOVE IT...and I'm sure you can't wait to see the OUTFIT that will go with it for the 2011 show...

3 comments:

  1. I love your watch, too! What a practical idea - locating the watch face where you can actually view it without rotating your wrist! Ergonomic is the new buzz word in the work place. Watch. You may see a number of these at the next SewExpo.

    Love your blog, Rita. Thanks for sharing!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool watch!! I need to get over to that area of Tacoma. It's like only 15 minutes from me, yet I never get there. Go figure. Can hardly wait to see what you come up with to coordinate with the watch. Oh, wait, you never said coordinate.....:-)
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a WAY COOL WATCH...I can't remember ever owning anything that got so many comments. I really love it...and I AM thinking about the word coordinate, Laura...lol...

    ReplyDelete