Thursday, July 1, 2021

Another Criss Cross Success Story!

You cannot imagine how delighted I was when Elliott asked me to sew him an apron!!

He asked about the apron I always wear..

 

I assumed I would be making his apron out of old blue jeans....

But, I KNEW I'd use Mary's Criss Cross apron pattern -- so I had him try on my favorite apron... 

 

He loved it!  And wanted to keep MY ACTUAL APRON...

NO YOU DON'T, BUDDY...I actually had a hard time getting it away from him... 

At the end of the day, I made THIS special apron for him -- which has a lot of unique pockets and small places for his very specific tool requirements... 

The bib pocket has some small channels for his allen wrenches...there is a hammer sling on one side...and a cellphone pocket on the other side...

This apron required some planning...and MAD SKILLS, of course..!!

5 comments:

  1. I so love it when something I've made makes my family member so happy! He really seems to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really got into the "modeling"...lol...And he wears it every day!

      Delete
  2. Elliott has mad modeling skills! And your customizing skills are amazing - love the recycled jeans which added just what was needed. Well done, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ideas for the additional pockets, etc. It's great when a family member requests something specially made by you, isn't it? Ron had me make a special pouch interlined with RFID fabric, for his credit cards a couple of years ago. I measured the stack and went from there. He loves it and uses it all the time.

    Elliott makes a terrific model!! So nice to see one of your boys (I know we've seen pictures of Ross with John in recent weeks).

    ReplyDelete