Saturday, July 24, 2021

The Singer Featherweight

So, okay -- I'm NOT selling one of my Singer Featherweights.

But -- hey -- my sister Deena IS. (She has FIVE of them!!)

She fell in love with my Featherweight during our ONE AND ONLY Sisters-Sewing-Weekend in 2016. THANK GOD we did that when we did...because at this point, none of us would be able to get away for FOUR DAYS IN A ROW. We enjoyed every minute...


So -- the Featherweight being sold at the auction is Serial Number AL 166806 -- which means she was manufactured in Elizabethport, New Jersey in December 1952.

And she's a Beauty...

The gold decals are in perfect condition.
It has a new LED bulb...
It's original case and foot pedal, in perfect condition...
No iron rot on the bottom...clean as a whistle...(that happened to my friend Sandy)
Of course, the original bobbin case (my cousin bought a machine online and it came with NO bobbin case...)

 

Deena never got around to naming this one...so that will be up to you. Because she was born in 1952, (the Featherweight, not Deena) she has the seam markings on the needle plate. I'll try to take more pictures before she gets on the truck later today...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! My FW is from 1948. Can't remember where she was made.

    ReplyDelete