Monday, July 5, 2021

The Good Times

I am SO DELIGHTED to be able to write a few blog posts...and I want to say, once again, how much I appreciate all your good thoughts and emails. I am sorry if I did not reply...but there are some days that just get away from me....please know I REALLY DO APPRECIATE all your kindness....(especially Anne, Laura, Leanne, Nancy, Dianne, Sue, Mary, Helen, Kay, Kathy, Carol...)

We are having a good summer, and I am SO GLAD to have John home. John hasn't been having panic attacks, and he is sleeping well. The biggest thing (for me) is that most days, he is in a good mood and that's a huge blessing...Cal keeps John busy burning brush or mowing grass...

Although Alzheimer's is a part of our life now...every single day....I try to make sure it's not the ONLY thing in my day...

Warren is 8 this summer...and I LOVE THIS AGE...

He still enjoys playing games on the porch...

And he always gives Uncle Ross's Lego Table a good go...

My Tuesdays are still about the TMBC. One week, we went up to see the site of our new home (and I took my Friendship Quilt so they could all see where their squares landed)...



One morning, I had Phyllis and Ronda over for a Porch Breakfast.

Phyllis worked at Rita's Sew Fun when it was a retail store in Clinton, Iowa! And we exchange jigsaw puzzles...

Alzheimer's is a bitch...and we have some bad days. But, the blessing of Alzheimer's is that the next day, John can't remember what we fought about...and I have to learn to LET IT GO....and try to do better... 

And, Sueann, I've made good use of your mantra...it helps....

 “Out of this situation unexpected good will come. This will be resolved for the highest good of all concerned. All is well and I am safe.”

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see a few pictures of Warren - and you with the TMBC! That is a beautiful mantra. I'm so glad that you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Rita! Nice to see Warren--he is growing up fast! (Those grandkids do that--ours now range from almost 14 to 22 years old! How did That happen?!) I'm glad you are able to get out and about, enjoying some "normal" things in your life again!! Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, I’m so glad the Mantra is helping and I’m so glad I shared with you. Sometimes insecurities get the best of us and we don’t share things for fear of looking silly or rejection or other reasons. At least that is how it is with me, but but for some reason your stories have touched me and I felt like I could share with you and not seem silly. I think it is the honesty in your post that makes it so. I wish you and John much happiness.

    ReplyDelete