Thursday, July 8, 2021

Northern Lights Music Festival

GUESS WHAT??  Life as we know it is B.A.C.K.... This week -- Mary Mulari and her husband Doug (Mayor of Aurora, Minnesota) are attending the wonderful Northern Lights Music Festival.

In 2016, my friend Pat flew in from Seattle and we went to Mary's house..and we went to the Opera.

Yes -- THE OPERA.  The NLMF attracts musicians and singers from all over the world...and for two weeks, they perform concerts in three cities -- Aurora, Chisholm and Ely.  

When the Festival first started (2007?) -- Mary and her friends were involved in sewing costumes, and helping to feed and house the students.  The college level music students come to take classes and then perform...and their talent is unbelievable.  

Although I can't go this year...I can fondly remember the year I WAS able to attend...and I am beyond delighted to know that it's all happening this year...

Again -- thank you, Science!!  

Pat and I stayed at Mary's house

Mary was showing off her butt...
We had Minnesota Pasties for supper.
Their high school (built in the 30's) has a theater and an indoor swimming pool!!
This was the summer before I went to Fat Camp!
Mary and Doug were practically newlyweds...
They had refreshments during the intermission
We bought tickets to the catered reception AFTER the opera.
The food was AMAZING...
Pat and Mary with one of the handsome opera stars!!
DO WHAT YOU CAN WHEN YOU CAN, PEOPLE...You cannot wait for life to be perfect to be happy. Gee -- I love that. THANKS, Simon Cowell and AGT...

2 comments:

  1. What lovely memories to share! So glad that the festival is back on again!

    By the way, pasties aren't just in Minnesota! Upper Michigan has pasty shops the way some places have McDonald's!! (I grew up in Upper Michigan. And yes, I make pasties, too!)

    ReplyDelete