Thursday, July 29, 2021

My Friend Becky

My college friend, Becky -- lives in the Chicago area. We try to get together a couple times a year -- usually in a small Illinois town -- which is a 90 minute drive for each of us. This year, Becky offered to drive THE WHOLE DISTANCE...so on Tuesday, she arrived in time for breakfast with the TMBC.  Sandy, Linda K., and her mother (my Aunt Adda)...met us at Brother's...one of John's favorite go-to places for his beloved blueberry pancake.  It's about 15 minutes from my house.

THANKS FOR coming the whole distance, Becky.

Then -- she and I went to LeClaire, Iowa -- home of THE AMERICAN PICKERS..!!

Our first selfie of the day -- Becky with her new set of vintage pillowcases.
Port Byron, Illinois (where we ate breakfast) has this giant bicycle guy in their park...
We tried to do a selfie, with him in the background -- but only got his shoe...
Then, we figured out we had to step away from the giant man...
We went to see the Home of the Pickers..
Becky had to buy a t-shirt for her husband, who is a fan of the show.

 

We ended up spending our last hour on a bench overlooking the Mississippi River....talking about anything and everything and nothing in particular. 

Becky has known me for over 50 years...and even when it's been a very long time since we've seen each other -- the minute we get into the same room, it's like no time has passed at all. 

Oh, yes...I'm a lucky, lucky girl. 


 

2 comments:

  1. I love this, so happy you and your Bestie had an awesome day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, happy day you had! I totally understand the you-and-Becky thing; my best friend June and I are like that, too.

    ReplyDelete