Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Mary's Criss Cross Apron

I really can't imagine what people do if they do not sew. Honestly....WHY DOESN'T EVERYBODY SEW? It's such a wonderful, creative, useful hobby.

During some tough times this year, I would often wake up with a new sewing project on my mind...and that felt good. I Frankensewed a few dresses (I promise to take pictures one day soon)...and, as you know, I'm planning to recover a Frankenchair one day (pattern done, fabric prewashed...just waiting for Ross to finish making the chair a SWIVEL...

AND -- I made several custom Criss-Cross Aprons. From Mary Mulari's Criss Cross Apron pattern, of course.

This is absolutely the BEST apron pattern of all time.  

My sister Ronda and her husband Dean do a Farmer's Market every Tuesday.  ALL SUMMER LONG -- she gets up at 5:00 AM to bake 12 dozen cookies and make 6-10 pies.  Apple, cherry and rhubarb.  She also makes some hand pies, and often cupcakes.  WOWZA...

The baking starts early and goes on all day...the market starts at 5:30...and her pies are the first thing to sell out.

John goes for breakfast with his friend Don on Tuesday, so I've gotten in the habit of going over to Ronda's house for a cup of coffee and to watch her bake...

And she is ALWAYS WEARING the Mary Mulari Criss-Cross apron I made for her...which warms my heart....





2 comments:

  1. A wonderful way to spend a Tuesday morning. Love her apron and Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, nice-and-normal post today, Rita!! Yes, I, too, cannot understand why everyone doesn't sew!! It's so much fun! And it's a hobby where you actually end up with something useful or decorative after you are done!!

    Loved seeing the picture of Ronda in her beautiful apron. I have one or two of Mary's apron patterns (and some of her books), but not sure I have that one. I guess I'd better go shopping!!

    Take care, dear Rita; you and John are in my prayers. 💖

    ReplyDelete