Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Winter Wonderland

Living with the Four Seasons is about more than just dealing with the Hot and the Cold. It's more like the Agony and the Ecstasy. The Good and the Bad....literally the Happy and the Sad...

Today was a happy day. Although it was cold -- it was just normal winter cold...freezing -- but not brutal. And the sun was shining.

The thing is -- we woke up to an actual Winter Wonderland. During the night, Mother Nature worked a miracle. Every tree, every twig, every branch, every power line for miles and miles was coated with a frozen thick white froth.

On my way into town, I tried to take pictures with my phone. We didn't have a snow storm, or an ice storm...instead, we had heavy fog. And the condensation created THIS GLISTENING AFFECT...

Every branch of every tree was covered with a heavy, frozen, glistening mist...


It looked like every power line for miles and miles had been wrapped in white cotton...

I don't remember ever seeing this...

Every tree looked like a modern art sculpture.

As soon as the sun got high in the sky -- I knew all the white froth would start to fall off.


 Here's the thing.  I'm 72 years old -- and I was delighted to wake up and look out the window to see a DIFFERENT WORLD from the one I thought I knew.  I took it as some kind of message.  That this world we live in full of surprises. And when you go to bed at night, you never know what the morning will bring.

And things are ALWAYS better in the morning...

But you do have to get out of bed and look out the window...

2 comments: