Saturday, January 23, 2021

My Vintage Buffet

So -- HERE IS MY NEXT BIG WINTER PROJECT. This blonde buffet has been sitting in my kitchen/dining area for over 20 years. I bought it at an auction with my friend Bert -- and it houses SO MUCH STUFF. I have always loved it.

Several weeks ago, when Dean was in the hospital, Ronda was coming over here for supper. We were sitting at my table, and she said, "I can't believe you've had that buffet in this room for all these years and never painted it."

OMG. I always intended to paint it. I PAINT EVERYTHING!! How did I forget to paint my buffet?

You can see it here, behind John...there are three middle drawers, and a door on each end.


I was excited about getting started, I had the first drawer out before I remembered to TAKE A PICTURE...The top drawer has velvet inserts -- and it holds Aunt Rozella's silver...
I love the hardware
It is beautifully made, with sturdy, dove-tailed drawers.
The middle drawer holds a plethora of napkins!! And the kids know EXACTLY where to go when they're setting the table.
The bottom drawer holds our big set of plastic Christmas dishes, Christmas napkins and Santa hats.  It's the drawer that begins our holiday season!!
And, the side door holds my HUGE SET OF COACHING SCENES CHINA. I have no idea where they would go if I got rid of this buffet.

 

OH, YES, THIS IS GOING TO TAKE SOME TIME...It is exactly the kind of project I need to tackle right now. It's winter. Seven degrees outside this morning...

I'll keep you posted...

1 comment: