Monday, January 18, 2021

The Doggie Blanket is Finished!!

It is Winter. In Iowa. Which is all about cold, gray and miserable. And it'll be this way for a coupla months.

We live in the country -- at the end of a long driveway. And we don't have a garage. Or, rather, we have a garage -- but we've never been able to park a car in it. (it's full of John Deere equipment, mowers, a tractor, etc.)

Bears have the right idea about how to handle winter. It would be best if you could SLEEP THROUGH IT. 

My outdoor activities are pretty much limited to snow shoveling and car-scraping.

So far, my indoor winter activities have been all about the HOLIDAYS.  Honestly -- putting all that Christmas stuff AWAY is damn near an Olympic Event. 

So, I'm ready to set up at my sunniest window to work on some winter sewing projects...

I usually sew in my basement -- but, in January, I bring my Featherweight upstairs and set up smack dab in the middle of the living room, right next to my puzzle table.

I LOVE my Featherweight Table...(remember this $5 bargain?).
Using Mary Mulari's t-shirt quilt technique -- I cut out all the doggie t-shirts, and sewed them (wrong sides together) to flannel squares.  (Frankie is supervising).
Then, I laid them out on the floor to see how it would look.
Sewing the squares together is easy-peasy.  MY KIND of project!!

Like all good sewing projects -- this one will BE A GIFT...but I'm not going to say WHO is getting it....but I'm delighted she'll see it HERE before it appears on her door step...in a box...all the way from Iowa...

Due to arrive on Tuesday...I'm hoping she sends me a picture!!

I was IN SUCH A HURRY to send it (before Winter is over) -- that I forgot to take a picture of the back of the quilt..


No comments:

Post a Comment