Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Winter Projects

Yes...it's winter.Time for some PROJECTS. That doggie blanket was supposed to take me a good week. BUT -- it was so much fun, it only took me two days.

Of course, since Ronda gave me SEVERAL HUNDRED YARDS of doggie-print flannel -- I moved into microwave cozy production. Yikes.

I have this thing DOWN PAT....
I can make a complete cozy in less than 10 minutes!!  So, of course, I packed up a bundle to be sent off with the doggie blanket.
Then, I cut up a child's shirt -- and put MY NEW MOTTO on a plain sweatshirt from the Goodwill store. HAPPY THOUGHTS...yes, that sounds like a pretty good mantra for anybody...

 

But, who are we kidding? My new neon sweatshirt only took up another ten minutes...

UGH...THIS IS GONNA BE A VERY LONG WINTER...I need a project that's going to consume me. Keep me happily in the house...creating something spectacular...

WHAT'S NEXT, people??!!

4 comments:

  1. How about some small quilts for people in wheelchairs in nursing homes? 🙋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at all those microwave bowls! If you have yards and yards of doggie print flannel, is there a nearby pet shelter which could use dog blankets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the strength of the length of winter alone I went and ordered a new project...thanks for the reminder ;) As to holiday birthdays. there is only 2 birthdays in our family which are NOT on a holiday or holiday weekend...it all works out. I love the Happy Thoughts shirt...so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it need to be an instant gratification project? Maybe some needlework?
    Another thought - I joined a FB group called 52 Week Sewing Challenge. Each week is a different topic to sew. Like last week was UFO and this week is a pattern you have but have not sewn. I'll email you the list.

    ReplyDelete