Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Who got the Doggie Blanket?

My first after-Christmas-winter-project was to finally put together the ragged edge flannel "doggie blanket".

I've been buying cute doggie t-shirts for two years, always with the INTENTION of making this gift for my dog-loving friend Kathy Keefer.

Me and Kathy -- thrifting -- I only WISH we could be planning a visit like this one day soon!


 

Kathy and Denny, on their huge porch -- where I've spent many happy hours...
Kathy has ALWAYS had dogs.  These two are part of her current brood..
I didn't remember this picture. John, with Kathy's black lab...
Judging from the body language, I think John is sitting in his chair...

 

Kathy has always loved dogs. Some of her dogs are smart...some not so much...

But -- the best dog trick I ever saw was Kathy's dog Peter.

Kathy would say, "Peter -- go get my smokes"...and that dog would find her pack of Marlboro's and trot right back to her.

BRILLIANT..!!  

I can't remember the last time I had this much fun sewing a gift...

Love ya, Kathy...

No comments:

Post a Comment