Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Aunt Rozella's Ring...the REST of the story...

So -- what are the chances that I lost my ring at the Walmart self-checkout?

And, even if I was CERTAIN of that -- should I drive back there to look?

Or -- would it be better if I called?

Yes....I'll call. That will be quicker...

Right....good thinking, Rita.  I dialed the number...somebody answered...

Me:  Do you have a Lost and Found department?

Walmart:  Yes...I'll connect you...

After 20 minutes of being on hold...(think bad elevator music)...the phone went dead.

Now, I'm thinking...this phone call was a bad idea.  I SHOULD HAVE JUST DROVE BACK UP TO THE STORE...


 

I dialed the number a second time.  After 30+ rings, a real person finally answered....

Me:  Please don't put me on hold...I waited for 20 minutes, and then got cut off.  I'd like to talk to the person in charge of the Lost and Found. 

She kind of chuckled...and I heard her say, "Julie -- are you Lost and Found today?"

Julie:  Hello?

I explained the situation...the whole time, Julie was chewing gum.  She didn't sound too interested...  I described my ring -- and then, tried to give her directions to the exact machine I used.  We talked for maybe 3 minutes...and she said, "Okay.  I'll go take a look."

Before she could hang up, I said "do you want my phone number?"

She said, "Oh, right.  Of course..."

I hung up...disheartened.  Discouraged.  SO MAD AT MYSELF.  I knew the ring was loose...why did I wear it that day?   How could I be so careless?

I was absolutely, 100% sure I would never see Aunt Rozella's ring again.  

So, I started making supper....and, 10 minutes later -- the phone rang.  IT WAS JULIE FROM WALMART....

She said, "I found your ring!  And you're right -- it's beautiful.  I've never been able to make a phone call like this!!"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? 

RITALUCK STRIKES AGAIN...!!


 P.S. ...thanks again, Sally...

 

 


 



2 comments: