Thursday, January 14, 2021

Warren's New Year's Day Birthday

Several years ago, I told Warren that his January 1st birthday would always suck. He was horrified.  Looking back, I regret using the word "suck". But, at some point, the poor kid is gonna have to accept the reality of his holiday-birthday situation. 

Obviously,  my day is jam-packed on that day with all that pork roast cooking...

Also, we had a couple of winter storms come through -- and the roads were a sheet of ice...ugh...

I didn't even see Warren on his 8th birthday...which makes me very sad.  But, that night,  I spent hours making a special card for him.  I wrote verses that rhymed, and downloaded pictures.

I had pictures of Warren during his first 8 years...



I gave him three "January Adventures"

Each one came with a game -- hangman, a word search, and a crossword puzzle.


He had to do the puzzle, then lift it to see THE ADVENTURE.

A trip to the new swimming pool in town, a night at a motel, and $50 for the local arcade/bowling/center.

OF COURSE, I baked the traditional Farro chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.  I put the little cakes in a box, with a container of peanut butter icing.
The roads were a sheet of ice, so I also packed up a box with all the fixings for homemade pizza.
John helped to make a pizza for our house.

2 comments:

  1. What a great birthday gift idea. I want you for my grandma. I understand about holiday birthdays getting lost in the shuffle. I was born on Christmas. My poor sister who was born on Jan. 4 always had to share her birthday with me. She was never thrilled about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister Deena was born on Christmas Day, too, Loy. THAT IS THE WORST...definitely a non-event...

      Delete