Thursday, January 28, 2021

My History with Decoupage

Coming of age in the 60's...I dabbled in the fine arts of tie-dye, fondue and decoupage.

I never got the hang of fondue, and my tie-dye turned out various shades of muddy brown...but I was the QUEEN of decoupage...

Over the years, I've decoupaged many, many things...for a long time, I was obsessed with decoupaging my suitcases.  Remember some of those?

Mod Podge is the key to success. I use it to seal the luggage fabric -- otherwise, the paint just soaks in... Once the sealer dries -- I use any kind of paint....or even felt tip markers... Sometimes, I glued the embroidered fabric onto the suitcase, then Mod Podge the whole bag...adding painted detail, using markers, etc.

I've been using Mod Podge for over 50 years...AND - this week, I learned a new trick. A GAME CHANGING new trick. 

I'm working on my buffet -- and, to tone down the abstract paint job, I decided to decoupage some zebra fabric onto Drawer #3...

1 comment:

  1. I love how adding zebra will "tone down" the abstract paint...LOL

    ReplyDelete