Monday, February 24, 2020

Winter Laundry

For me -- hanging my bed sheets outside is a year-round activity....but, obviously, it's a lot more trouble in the winter.

The good news is that I have SUCH A HUGE SUPPLY of bed sheets and pillowcases -- I can almost always wait out the bad weather.  But winter can be TOUGH...

On this day, it was going to be SUNNY...so I made my way outside...even though the temperature was ZERO...
I was SO THRILLED to hang my sheets outside on this bright sunny winter day!
Hanging sheets is one of Frankie's favorite winter activities.
If the temperature is too cold, the sheets freeze up like giant potato chips...and it could take DAYS for them to dry outside. 
And if it gets too warm, the snow starts to melt and the humidity keeps the sheets from drying.

BUT IT'S ALL WORTH IT.   I've said this so many times...but  THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN LINE-DRIED SHEETS.

And, this year, I discovered a NEW CHEAT...I put the sheets in the dryer for JUST TEN MINUTES...and they get all warm and steamy....THEN I hang them out on the line!!

Honestly...the cold air zaps the steam out of the sheets -- and they dry in half the time.  AND THEY STILL SMELL AMAZING...

My fresh bed day is Monday -- and getting into that fresh bed, with the delicious line-dried sheets -- is one of the BEST MOMENTS of my week. 

Every other Sunday, I make a fresh bed for my friend Valerie....and I cannot begin to tell you how many times she has thanked me for this gift.  

And I change our beds WITH THE SEASONS.  This week, I'm going to share some of my favorite winter-bed-tips.

2 comments:

  1. My sheet day is Saturday. I cannot tell you how much I love going to bed on Saturday night. Even more if after the clean sheets go on the bed I go out and work in the yard and then take a shower in the evening. Absolute bliss!!!!! I don't understand the people who have one set of sheets. I want seasonal and sheets that can set a mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are sheet sisters, Bridget...people just do NOT know what they are missing...

      Delete